Three children, nanny burnt to death in raging house fire

0
461

Three children and their nanny have been confirmed dead in a house fire which was thought to have been started by a candle at a Police officer’s home in Pakawa, Nakuru, Kenya on Saturday night.

The unfortunate incident was confirmed by the Nakuru County Deputy Police Commander Phantom Analo, who said police officers were alerted to the incident but found the four had died.

According to Analo, it has since been revealed that the home, which was rented out to a police officer named Mary Wandia three days ago, did not have power with neighbors speculating that the family was lighting their home with a candle.

“The nanny had tried unsuccessfully to purchase electricity tokens earlier, and we believe they were using a candle, which could have started the fire,” a neighbor, John Mwangi, told Citizen Digital.

According to the police report, Ms Wandia was at work at the time of the incident.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here