Three victims burnt to death in Ogun as refrigerator gas explodes

0
420

Three victims including an infant have been burnt to death in a fire incident in Abeokuta, Ogun State, which occurred following a spark after a refrigerator gas exploded into flames.

The incident was confirmed on Wednesday by the Director of Fire Service in the state, Fatai Adefala, who said that his men received a distress call and raced to the scene to extinguish the fire.

In an interview with PUNCH Adefala said; “We received a distress call around 3.15pm from Oke-Igbore. We learnt that there was a spark of fire. On getting there, we discovered that it was a gas explosion.

“What really happened was that they were cooking outside with fire and unfortunately, the gas exploded. They were trying to refill the gas of the refrigerator and in the process, it exploded.

“Three lives were lost and one infant was among the dead. For now, the bodies are still lying there. It was an old building.

“Our men are still at the scene together with the personnel of the police, the DSS and others,” he concluded.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here